Thanks to everyone who attended the 2014 Pittsburgh Hockey Analytics workshop! We’d also like to thank you for the donations which easily covered our financial outlay for the workshop and helped pay for some of our server costs over the past few months.
Here is a complete list of all available presentation slides.
- Sam’s opening remarks — sam-open
- Andrew’s opening remarks — slides
- James Santelli’s Baseball Translation
- (Sean Gentille’s presentation)
- Jesse Marshall’s introduction to modern stats — A Crash Course in the Terms and Definitions
- Matt Cane and handedness in shooting — 20141106_PGH_Analytics_Shot_Location
- Sam Ventura, Zone Transition Times — sam-ztt
- Stephen Burtch, Delta Corsi — delta Corsi
- Joe Walsh, Rating Hockey Fighters, Past To Present — beamer , fighters W-L-D with adjusted age
- Sam Ventura, Notes on Statistical Player Ratings
- Jen Lute Costella, Shot Suppression and Team Success
- Nilesh Shah, Predicting playoff outcomes based on regular season data
- Benjamin Zhang, Team Evaluation Utilizing Elo and Glicko Based Ratings
- (Kody Van Rentergen — Strategic Adjustments Through Video Analysis)
- Ryan Stimson — Pass, Shoot, and Score: Measuring the Relationship between Winning and Offensive Efficiency through Passing and Shot Generation Statistics in the NHL.
Pingback: Side Sauce: Week 5 Around the NHL
Pingback: Shot Location Data and Strategy I: Off-Hand Defencemen | puck++
Pingback: My thoughts on the Pittsburgh Hockey Analytics Workshop | DCSportsDork
Pingback: Shot Location Data and Strategy II: Evaluating Individual Defensive Play | puck++
Pingback: RMU Hockey: Video Boosts Drastic Defensive Improvements
Pingback: a Hockey Analytics Conference in New York? – In Lou We Trust | Sports-News-Apparel-Outdoor